Shortcut for logging Fitbit Weight
Also on: Reddit
This shortcut allows you to update your weight in Fitbit by just entering the number after a shortcut. I’ve built it below for text input, but you could easily make it a Siri voice command.
This is especially useful when looped in with other shortcuts as a routine.
This is a two-parter. I’d just share these, but this process requires your actual phone number, so manual instructions it is.
Step 1: IFTTT
- First, set up an IFTTT applet. If this: sms. Choose “Send IFTTT any SMS.” Then that: Fitbit, then “Log your weight.”
- Click “Add ingredient,” then “Message.” Choose your preferred unit of measurement. Then, click done.
- Copy the phone number it provides in the summary of the applet. You’ll need it for step 2.
Step 2: Shortcuts
- Add the “Number” element. Use “Ask when run” if you’re doing this manually.
- Add “Send Message.” Make the recipient the number IFTTT provides. Set “Number” as the content. Turn “Show when run” off.
- I have an alert that says “Log your weight to Fitbit” before the rest of the shortcut runs, because I tend to group this shortcut into other routines. But that’s optional.
That’s it!Posted on 22/10/2018 #Shortcuts #technology